Volunteers are vital to our organization. Their commitment and generosity support us in helping families prosper through our adult literacy and family literacy programs.
We offer a number of meaningful opportunities to volunteer in the Edmonton area. We provide free training for all of our volunteers.
For more information call 780-421-7323 or email: email@example.com
Treasurer - Board of Directors
We are looking for a volunteer for our Board of Directors, with a strategic mind and a strong background in accounting and finance. Would you love the challenge of adding value to our organization by looking for ways to help it become as efficient and profitable as possible? Would you like to strengthen our governance by ensuring proper financial policies and procedures are in place?
Volunteer tutors work one-on-one with adults who want to improve their reading, writing, math, or other essential life skills.
If you answered yes, click here to apply to be an adult tutor.
Adult Program Facilitator
Adult program facilitators are paired in teams of two and work together to guide groups of learners toward their goals in a classroom setting.
We are currently recruiting for the following adult program facilitator positions:
1. Book Club - Millwoods Seniors Association, 2610 Hewes Way, NW #210Mondays, January 13 - March 30, 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. (no session February 17) Mondays, April 6 - June 22, 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. (no sessions April 13, or May 18)
2. Reading and Writing for ELL 2 - Riverbend United Church, 14907 - 45 Avenue
Mondays, January 13 - March 30, 7:00 - 9:00 p.m.
Mondays, April 6 - June 22*, 7:00 - 9:00 p.m.
Our adult program facilitators:
If you answered yes, click here to apply to be an adult program facilitator.
* Adult Program Volunteer Training
Family Literacy Program Assistant
Volunteers in our family literacy programs attend one or more of our free programs for families with pre-school aged children (0-6). They support facilitators in providing a safe, welcoming environment for participants.
We are currently recruiting for the following family literacy program assistant positions:
1. City Wide - click here to view city wide opportunities
2. Family Futures Resource Network - Knottwood, 1733 Mill Woods Road NW (80 Street & 17 Avenue)
Books for Babies
Our family literacy program assistants:
If you answered yes, click here to apply to be a family literacy program assistant.