Spring is finally here! At Learn Together – Grow Together we have been focusing on ways in which we can “grow” as families.
Our activities have been showcasing ways in which parents are able to spend quality learning time with their children while having fun. Now that the weather is beautiful again, we encourage all families to spend time outdoors – growing together!
Below are some of the ways that we practiced growing together this session:
- using cardboard boxes, plastic containers, and other recyclable materials, we made our own robots
- using construction paper, ribbons, tape, and string, we made our own kites and flew them in the wind
- using paint and pre-made wooden structures from a dollarstore, we decorated birdhouses for the birds that come to visit
- using paper and markers, we created our very own scavenger hunt to do outside
- using a Styrofoam cup (which we decorated with a face), potting soil, and grass seeds, we made our own grassheads by having the grass grow out of the top
We hope you can take the time to try one or more of these activities. As you are interacting and playing together, you will be growing together as a family too. Enjoy learning as you spend time together!